Tuesday, June 19, 2012

At some point this will make a hell of a book



My life is in some type of cyclone these days.  Haven't had much time to blog, write or promote as of late dealing with the madness of stupid people.  One thing is for sure, when all of this is over I'm going to turn this into one hell of a book.  I'm tossing around titles but I think "Shit Happens" may be the only way to explain it all.  Sorry if I'm being too vague but I haven't gotten to the point in my blogging career where I can be completely forth coming with my audience.  So until that time comes just wait for the book.  On brighter news I am back to writing as of this moment.  Sitting up and watching LOTR Two Towers is a great way to wrap up a thriller novel.  Sales have been lagging this past month but that could be due to a number of things.  My intense fascination with zombies has kept me up until at least 3am every morning or that could just be the constant racing of my mind and the gray hair fighting its way to my head.  This whole self publishing craze is kind of funny.  Strolling the boards you see people from every range of the spectrum.  Some that couldn't formulate a sentence in any language putting books together on how to put books together.  Then you have those that waste writing time complaining about the latter.  Then there are the ones that claim to sell thousands of copies a day, but rank in the hundred thousands.  The main theme however seems to be that the very few barriers of entry will make it harder for the talented to sell books.  This is a stretch of a comparison but it's kind of like Nike saying all the knock off shoe makers are eating into their profits.  I just think we are all gonnna have to be a little patient and let the get rich quick crew run their course and then find another industry to ruin.  My .02 cents, don't rush to failure.   

No comments:

Post a Comment