Thursday, January 19, 2012

Planes, trains and automobiles

The title really has nothing to do with what I'm writing but it's 1am now so cut me some slack.  Creature Kid has been for sale on Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Smashwords for a little over two weeks.  I've broke 30 in sales and I'm sure I've hit that wall where friends and family just won't cut it anymore.  I've gotten about six bloggers so far to agree to do a review which should provide a nice bump, but since the world is now self publishing who knows when they'll get to it.  My take so far is that a decent book and a serious marketing plan is all it takes.  But that's the rub, marketing the book.  I've got like 20 followers if that on my blog and figuring out how to spread the word to the masses is like explaining quantum physics to a monkey.  Hopefully I can figure this out, guess we'll see where I am in a week or so.  Until then I've got plenty more books to get out so write I must do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment